Supervisor Team Leaders Training Course
In today’s changing workplace many newly appointed supervisor team leaders are often unsure of their roles and responsibilities. They have little experience dealing with the challenges of managing work through others. Often the new supervisor or team leaders haven’t had the opportunity to develop those critical skills of planning work, leading their group, and communicating with their staff, colleagues and their manager. This one day workshop will give participants just that opportunity.
What can the Supervisor | Team Leaders Learn from Geese
A supervisor or team leaders can learn a lot from geese. When they migrate they fly in a V formation. The reason for this is that the lead bird flys a little higher than the following birds and so on down the formation which creates an uplift. Working together as a functioning team they add approximately 70% greater flying range than if they flew alone.
Geese communicate by ‘honking’ from the back of the line towards the lead bird to provide encouragement to those at the front to keep up their speed. As a supervisor or team leaders we need to communicate well.
They shift positions during the flight so as to reduce fatigue for the lead bird and to lessen the constant headwind. By sharing a common sense of direction the team can achieve considerably more. If a bird falls out of line, it will quickly re-establish the line to maintain cohesion of the flight.
If a goose gets injured or drops out of line for any reason, two geese fly with it for support and will stay with the goose until it either dies or can fly again. When times get difficult a good supervisor or team leaders provide assistance and support.
Who is the course for?
The supervisor team leaders represent an important force in the profitability of any organisation. The have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who work for you. They are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the senior managers of the organisation. They generally have been appointed due to the fact that they have more experience and more skills than the employees they supervise. However, many struggle in the first instance, unsure at times of how to manage effectively and at times may feel overwhelmed by their new responsibilities.
This course is for a recently appointed supervisor or team leaders or for those staff wishing to improve their managerial responsibilities so that they can contribute to the overall effectiveness of the business. No prior knowledge is assumed and the course is delivered in a structured and supportive manner.
How will the Supervisor and Team Leaders benefit?
Delegates will develop the confidence to put their newly acquired skills and supervisory techniques into immediate practice.
- You will understand the scope and nature of the supervisor or team leaders position
- Learn ways to deal with the challenges of the role
- Recognise the responsibilities you have as a supervisor or team leaders, to yourself, your team and to your organisation
- Identify key techniques to help you plan and prioritise effectively
- Acquire a basic understanding of and develop strategies for leadership, team building, communication and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision
- Identify your primary leadership style and techniques for maximising that style
- Explore ways to engage in productive rather than damaging debate, and to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems
What you will cover
|Adjusting to your role||A supervisor / team leaders responsibilities||Effective leadership|
|Motivating teams||Team Development||Effective communication|
|Dealing with difficult situations||Influencing||Leadership style|
|Adaptability||Coaching||What successful leaders do|
|Delegation||Discipline||The Situational Leadership Model|
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialised manual and course materials
- Personalised certificate of completion
- Refreshments during the course
This is a one day course commencing at 9:30am and finishing at 5:00pm. The cost of the course is £250.00 + VAT per delegate.
** Special Offer ** – Book one person for this course and another colleague can avail of 50% discount – total cost for 2 delegates is £375.00 + VAT or the equivalent of £187.50 per delegate + VAT.
What participants say about this course
- “People will find the course thoroughly enjoyable and highly worthwhile”
- “I have learnt so much to improve my position at work in regards to supervising / middle management”
- “I feel much more confident now and more aware of the necessary duties my role involves. I feel happy to delegate work now”
- “Brilliant workshop / training day; the day went by so quick; the trainer Dominic was brilliant! Thanks again.”
- “Excellent course – would recommend”
Public Course Dates:
Currently no public courses are scheduled.
We also provide in-house courses for organisations at discounted prices. For information on the next public or information on our in-house programme contact us:Contact Testing Talent